[riot-users] Support for Particle Photon & Onion Omega

Peter Kietzmann peter.kietzmann at haw-hamburg.de
Thu May 12 11:07:44 CEST 2016

Hi tbyy,

I'm not aware of a RIOT port for one of these boards. Porting the Photon
shouldn’t be too difficult as it seems pretty similar to the spark and
has a CPU of the stm32 family which is well supported in RIOT. So if you
have any aims for porting, we'll do our best to support you [1]. But
please note that if you're interested in WiFi there might be other gaps
as we focus on 802.15.4 radios.

I don't know your concrete requirements but did you check the remote,
z1, cc2650stk, phyNODE (in RIOT pba-d-01-kw2x), mulle or limifrog
boards? Also some STM boards do have on-board sensors. But before you
make your choice, be sure that all drivers you need do exist.

Generally you could use "any" board and make it with cable-connected
sensors.

[1]   https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki/Porting-Guide