[riot-users] Support for Particle Photon & Onion Omega

smlng s at mlng.net
Thu May 12 11:29:26 CEST 2016

Hi tbyy,
Hi all,

regarding the Onion Omega: I personally own 2 of these boards and they run a variant of OpenWRT-Linux by default. They have an ARM-CPU running @400 MHz, 64MB RAM, and 16MB flash + Wifi 802.11 bgn, BT-LE is optional. IMHO this is kind of a big iron to run RIOT on, and why would one do that when it's capable to run _real_ Linux? I think it's closer to a RasPi than to a RIOT board.

Nevertheless the Omega is an interesting platform e.g. to work as boarder router/gateway, as an alternative to the RasPi+Openlabs setup. Maybe we should suggest an 802.15.4 extension to the Omega developers, would be nice having that ...

Best
  Sebastian