[riot-users] hardware help

Peter Kietzmann peter.kietzmann at haw-hamburg.de
Tue Nov 1 17:07:34 CET 2016

Hi Monika,

and welcome to RIOT! I would advice against using z1 nodes because they
have really limited memory which won't allow you any in spare when using
network modules. I would recommend:

Atmel samr21-xpro
https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki/Board%3A-SAMR21-xpro

Phytec phyWAVE
https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki/Board%3A-Phytec-phyWAVE-KW22

Remote Revision B (relatively new in RIOT)
https://github.com/Zolertia/Resources/wiki/RE-Mote

Also consider the fit iot-lab which consists of custom "iotlab-m3" nodes
with default components on it:
https://www.iot-lab.info/

Best regards
Peter