[riot-users] [riot-devel] RIOT Release 2016.10

Francisco Javier Acosta Padilla francisco.acosta at inria.fr
Mon Nov 14 12:05:02 CET 2016

Hello!

Thanks Martine for the marvellous work! And also thanks to al RIOTers who made it possible.

Cheers!

--
Francisco Javier Acosta Padilla
Research Engineer at INRIA Saclay

On 11 November 2016 at 17:39:33, Oleg Hahm (oliver.hahm at inria.fr) wrote:

Hi!

That's awesome and I'm really happy to see another RIOT release out there to
conquer the IoT! ;-)

Many thanks to Martine for thoroughly managing this release and putting so
much work into it. And congrats for the fastest release - only 100 days! [1]

And of course, also many thanks to the whole RIOT community for having contributed
another great set of new features, bug fixes, and new hardware support!

[1] https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki/release-statistics

On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 04:07:46PM +0100, Martine Lenders wrote:
> Dear RIOTers,
>
> we are happy to announce the ninth official release of the RIOT:
>
> ------------------------------- * RIOT 2016.10 * -------------------------------
>
> This release provides a lot of new features as well as it fixes several major
> bugs. Among these new features are the new simplified network socket API
> called sock, the GNRC specific CoAP implementation gcoap and several new
> packages: TinyDTLS, the Aversive++ microcontroller library for robotics, the
> u8g2 graphic library, and nanocoap.
> Using the new sock API an implementation of the Simple Time Network Protocol
> (SNTP) was also introduced, allowing for time synchronization between nodes.
> New platforms include the Arduino Uno, the Arduino Duemilanove, the Arduino
> Zero, SODAQ Autonomo, and the Zolertia remote (rev. B).
> The most significant bug fix was done in native which led to a significantly
> more robust handling of ISRs and now allows for at least 1,000 native
> instances running stably on one machine.
>
> About 263 pull requests with about 398 commits have been merged since the last
> release and about 42 issues have been solved. 37 people contributed with code
> in 100 days. 1006 files have been touched with 166500 insertions and 26926
> deletions.
>
> You can download the RIOT release from Github by cloning the
> repository [1] or by
> downloading the tarball [2], and look up the release notes for further
> details [3].
>
> Thanks everyone for your contributions, discussions, testing efforts,
> and keep RIOTing!
>
> Kind regards and wishing you a great weekend,
> Martine
>
> [1] https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/releases/tag/2016.10
> [2] https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/archive/2016.10.tar.gz
> [3] https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/blob/master/release-notes.txt

panic("IRQ, you lose...");
linux-2.2.16/arch/mips/sgi/kernel/indy_int.c