[riot-users] libcoap example

Nikos Fotiou fotiou at aueb.gr
Fri Nov 25 15:35:17 CET 2016

Hi all,

Here, I have uploaded an example of a libcoap based  server for the riot
os  https://github.com/nikosft/libcoap/tree/master/riot I have
successfully tested with the native port. Some comments

* The libcoap version included in riot is quit old (almost 3 years old;
it uses a commit from 5 Feb. 2014)
* Most libcoap examples I have seen use the "select (file descriptor)"
command to read from a socket. This command behaves strangely in riot,
that's why I am not using it.
* libcoap sets the "SO_REUSEADDR" option to the listening socket. It
seems that riot generates an error for that. To verify that it is not a
libcoap problem I added the following three lines at
riot/examples/posix_sockets/ after line 46 and it outputs "Error setting
option"

int on = 1;
if (setsockopt(server_socket, SOL_SOCKET, SO_REUSEADDR, &on, sizeof(on))
< 0)
    puts("Error setting option");

Best,
Nikos