[riot-users] RIOT_OS error while flashing: Open failed in procedure 'transport' ...

Thomas Eichinger thomas at riot-os.org
Wed Oct 12 18:57:33 CEST 2016

Hi Hermann,

Compilation succeeded so this part of the setup should be fine. The
section in your screenshot showing the error is the actual attempt to
flash the binary to the board.
For this we use openocd [0] (which is not particularly famous for
meaningful error messages)
As far as I can tell, openocd can't connect to your board. I don't
really know how to make this work on a Windows machine but you may find
hints with the search engine of your choice.

Hope this helps and let us know if and how you solved this. (It would be
great to be able to give a hint in the wiki[1])

Best, Thomas

[0] http://openocd.org
[1] https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki/Build-RIOT-on-Windows-OS