[riot-users] Getting CRC OK from radio

Robert Hartung hartung at ibr.cs.tu-bs.de
Fri Oct 28 13:27:06 CEST 2016

Hey everyone,

I try to get CRC information for the received packet with the CC2420.
When searching for CRC_OK there isn't really a way in RIOT.

I've looked at the *cc2420_rx* method and found that rssi is already
extracted. The same can be applied easily for the CRC of the last packet.

I've also seen that there is the *info argument which is nothing else
than *netdev2_radio_rx_info* from drivers/include/net/netdev2.h. Would
it makes sense to add a "unsigned int crc_ok : 1" bit field to that
struct to indcate the CRC status or should it be implemented as a NETOPT?

Best Regards,
Robert

--
Robert Hartung, M.Sc.

Technische Universität Braunschweig
Institut für Betriebssysteme und Rechnerverbund
Mühlenpfordtstr. 23, Raum 115
38106 Braunschweig

Fon: +49 (531) 391 - 3264
Fax: +49 (531) 391 - 5936