[riot-users] Questions about NDN applications in RIOT

Thomas C. Schmidt t.schmidt at haw-hamburg.de
Sun Dec 17 16:59:35 CET 2017

Hi Joakim,

there is quite a large amount of work done in this direction - and a lot
of discussions going on.

Two implementations are maintained - NDN for RIOT and CCN-lite for RIOT
- the former is done by UCL, the latter by Cenk (HAW Hamburg).

Berlin & Hamburg is currently executing the project I3
(http://i3.realmv6.org/) where many of the aspects you mention are
addressed - see this year's papers + demo at the ICN conference:
https://conferences.sigcomm.org/acm-icn/2017/program.html

ICNRG (https://trac.ietf.org/trac/irtf/wiki/icnrg) is also a good place
to look at - many discussions go on there. Of particular interest are
the documents:

  * https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gundogan-icnrg-ccnlowpan/
  * https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gundogan-icnrg-pub-iot/
(both in the process of updating)

Within the next few days we will also release a pre-print to the archive
that discusses naming + pub-sub in the IoT.

Any further discussion and contact is very welcome!

Cheers,
  Thomas

--

Prof. Dr. Thomas C. Schmidt
° Hamburg University of Applied Sciences                   Berliner Tor 7 °