[riot-users] OpenThread-Reg

Peter Kietzmann peter.kietzmann at haw-hamburg.de
Thu Feb 2 11:34:18 CET 2017

Hi Velagana,

neither the old (since yesterday outdated) release 2016.10 nor the brand
new 2017.01 does contain OpenThread. I wasn't aware of the
implementation by @jremmert but it was never in the official RIOT
repository. However, there is ongoing work to get this feature into RIOT
but it's a bunch of work and we all have limited capacities. If you have
knowledge with that stack you can probably speed up developement by
reviewing and testing.

https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/pull/5552

Of course you can always checkout old releases but I assume that was not
your question?

Previous release:
https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/tree/2016.10-branch
Current release:
https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/tree/2017.01-branch

You can have a look at the release notes to check for new features and
known bugs of different releases.

https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/blob/master/release-notes.txt

Best regards
Peter