[riot-users] Exchange of the transceiver module on the SAMR21 Xplained Pro Platform

Wiegel, Friedrich (IAI) friedrich.wiegel at kit.edu
Fri Feb 17 12:49:58 CET 2017

Hi,
as stated above, I want to connect a powerline transceiver to samr21 Xplained Pro platform which run with RIOT OS. The Powerline transceiver is a proprietary development of the KIT, which one was developed within research work and is therefore equipped only with minimal functionalities. That means, it can only simply send and receive data. All other functions, e.g. CCA or CSMA / CA must be adopted by the software MAC.

As I understood it from [1] and [2], it is possible with the GNRC Network Stack.

That means, I can equip a very simple transceiver through the GNRC Network Stack with MAC features such as PAN setup and management as well as media access functions like CCA and CSMA / CA.

Is that correct?

Best regards,
Friedrich

[1]: http://page.mi.fu-berlin.de/waehl/papers/plwhb-ownsr-15.pdf