[riot-users] How to use msg_receive with a timeout

Ludwig Knüpfer ludwig.knuepfer at fu-berlin.de
Tue Jun 6 05:46:58 CEST 2017

Salut,

A good question that has been answered in our documentation already:

https://riot-os.org/api/group__core__msg.html

Timing & messages

Timing out the reception of a message or sending messages at a certain time is out of scope for the basic IPC provided by the kernel. See the xtimer module on information for these functionalities.

=>

https://riot-os.org/api/group__sys__xtimer.html#ga9a8ab2f8bedb8e849ad9b168943a4dd5

Cheers,
Ludwig