[riot-users] Ref. Starting with RiOT

Mehul Hirpara mehul.hirpara at inedasystems.com
Fri Jun 30 09:16:15 CEST 2017

ou have done an amazing job so far.

________________________________
From: users <users-bounces at riot-os.org> on behalf of Mauricio Giovagnini <maugiovagnini at yahoo.com.ar>
Sent: Friday, June 30, 2017 6:24:26 AM
To: users at riot-os.org
Subject: [riot-users] Ref. Starting with RiOT

Hi all,

My  name is Mauricio and I am new on the maillist.  I found RIOT-OS on the freenode server and I came here to know more about it.

You have done an amazing job so far.

I read most of the website looking for where to start.  I think this it is on

https://github.com/RIOT-OS/Tutorials

I was able to download the tutorials and the vagrant file but I do not understand what to do next.  I presume the VM has everything to get started or to compile a project without having to deal with paths, different toolchains, versions, etc.  But again I am new and perhaps I am mistaken

My system is a linux debian and I have virtualbox properly installed with the extension pack.

I ran the VM and it prompts for an user and password, but I couldn't found anywhere in the documentation which user and password is.

So my questions are.

a. Is the vm then going to be a method of having all the working environment up and running just not to deal with annoying setups when one is a newbie and many things can fail?
b. Which is the user and password?

Thanks in advance!

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.