[riot-users] RIOT OS 900MHz 802.15.4 platform

Kirk Martinez km at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Mar 26 22:17:39 CEST 2017

CC1120 would be a good choice - although the TI dev boards are the only
simple way to prototype
http://www.ti.com/tool/cc1120emk-868-915
we have used them with contiki-6LowPAN over 1km distances ;-)
Cheers
Kirk

On 25/03/2017 17:39, John Griessen wrote:
> 802.15.4 radios running at 2.4GHz seem to work for only short
> distances in wild locations with trees in the way, so I'd like to make
> an inexpensive platform for 900MHz/868MHz bands. The mulle platform
> docs say it is incomplete here:
> https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki/Board%3A-Mulle
>
> Are any of the other 2.4GHz ARM platforms easy to change to a 900MHz
> radio such as AT86RF212b?
> What other 900MHz radios should I consider?  The ST spirit radio has a
> contiki driver, but no riot-os.
> Is anyone using the NXP/Freescale MKW01 MCU-radio chip?

Prof. Kirk Martinez
Electronics and Computer Science
University of Southampton
http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~km