[riot-users] Release 2017.04

Kaspar Schleiser kaspar at schleiser.de
Wed May 10 13:04:43 CEST 2017

Dear RIOTers,

we are happy to announce the 11th official release of RIOT:

----------------------- * RIOT 2017.04 * -----------------------

This release provides a lot of new features, fixes and enhancements.
Among these has been a huge cleanup regarding cppcheck and
documentation, and we're pleased to announce that all remaining doxygen
and cppcheck warnings have been fixed.
We're also proud to present a Virtual File System layer and integration
of the SPIFFS file system.
A lot of work has gone into support for STMicroelectronics's Nucleo
family, with RIOT now supporting 28 (up from 13) Nucleo boards. And as
always, there was a lot of under-the-hood cleanup, bug fixing and
documentation work.

About 200 pull requests with about 562 commits have been merged since
the last release and about 23 issues have been solved. 32 people
contributed with code in 91 days. 2697 files have been touched with
716950 insertions and 492623 deletions.

You can download the RIOT release from Github by cloning the repository
[1] or by downloading the tarball [2], and look up the release notes for
further details [3].

Thanks everyone for your contributions, discussions, testing efforts,
and keep RIOTing!

Happy hacking,
Kaspar

[1] https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/releases/tag/2017.04