[riot-users] Software CSMA, csma_sender module

Joakim Nohlgård joakim.nohlgard at eistec.se
Wed May 31 22:11:23 CEST 2017

Dear RIOTers,
How do I use the csma_sender module?
I have a radio (kw41z) which only supports basic CCA before TX, but no auto
retry or CSMA behaviour. I've seen the csma_sender module in the code repo
and the docs, but it is unclear how to enable it for my radio. Currently if
the channel is busy, the behaviour of gnrc together with this radio driver
seem to be ignore the failure and drop the packet, instead of retrying a
few times, like the hardware CSMA radios do.
Do I need to integrate csma_sender with the send function in the radio
driver or is it just a configuration change to use it between the gnrc link
layer and netdev?

Best regards,
Joakim Nohlgård