[riot-users] RIOT Summit 2017: Program and Registration

Matthias Waehlisch m.waehlisch at fu-berlin.de
Tue Sep 5 14:42:10 CEST 2017

Dear RIOTers,

the second RIOT Summit (http://summit.riot-os.org/) will take place in
Berlin, Germany from September 25-26, 2017, at FU Berlin. The first day
is dedicated to single-track presentations. The second day allows for
break-out sessions and coding. If you want to attend, please register as
soon as possible: https://riot-summit17.eventbrite.com/.

**Talks**

Keynote by Gilles Van Assche (STMicroelectronics)
  - Permutation-based cryptography for the Internet of Things

IoT Security
  - SOFIE: Securely and Openly Federating IoT systems, Pekka Nikander
  - Progressively Securing RIOT-OS!, Kaleb Himes
  - Have a secure RIOT, Eric Sesterhenn
  - Post-Quantum Cryptography for IoT, Simona Samardjiska

Virtualisation & Bootstrapping
  - Large scale experiments on virtual ICN-based IoT networks with vICN, Marcel Enguehard
  - Multiple Personalities - Thoughts on a Virtualized RIOT, Kai Beckmann
  - Fast modelling & deployment of IoT applications from the cloud to RIOT devices, Ian Thomas

Use Cases
  - How RIOT-ready is industry?, Oliver Hahm
  - Cloudy with a Chance of RIOTs - Towards an Open Industrial Internet, Michal Frey
  - Introduction to the Calliope mini, Joern Alraun

Network
  - RIOT and CAN, Vincent Dupont
  - DropWatcher: A real world LoRaWAN application on RIOT, José Ignacio Alamos
  - Adaptive radio output scaling for power and bandwidth saving, Koen Zandberg

**Social and related events**

Social
  - After the talks of the first day, we have organized a casual dinner
at a very nice place close to the river Spree. Food is sponsored.

Three side events
  - If you consider attending the RIOT Summit, you should also consider
attending the following side events related to IoT: ACM ICN, T2TRG,
ICNRG. These events will take place right before and after the Summit at
the same venue. Separate registration is required, and more information
is available at http://summit.riot-os.org/2017/#registration

**Registration**

Participation at the RIOT Summit is free of charge. However,
registration is required: https://riot-summit17.eventbrite.com/

**Supporters**

We gratefully thank the following companies for their generous support:
Arrow Electronics, Cisco, Fujitsu, OTAkeys, and wolfSSL,

We also thank Freie Univeristaet Berlin, HAW Hamburg, and INRIA.

Looking forward to meet all of you in Berlin!