[riot-users] End of I2C embargo

Dylan Laduranty dylanladuranty at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 12:49:13 CEST 2018

Dear RIOTers,

The I2C rework is now merged into RIOT's master branch, then I am really
happy to announce you the end of the I2C embargo ! Don't hesitate to ping
pending PRs that were blocked by this embargo so maintainers can have a
look at it.

This rework will not be present in the 2018.07 release as we lack of time
to get things merged, but you can use the master branch if you want to use
it.

We also create a wiki page [1] to summarize the changes introduced by this
rework. We will keep working to improve this documentation.

Of course, we cannot guarantee that the new I2C interface is completely
bug-free. So if you encounter any errors, weird behaviour or if you have
any questions, don't hesitate to send an email to the mailing list or
create an issue on Github. We will continue to improve our work.

Finally, I would like to deeply thanks every people involved in this huge
rework, thank you for your time and your hard will. I'm really proud of
what we have done here ! You guys are amazing :)

Keep RIOTing !

[1] https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki/I2C-rework

--
Dylan Laduranty