[riot-users] Boards documentation moved to doc.riot-os.org

Jose jose.alamos at haw-hamburg.de
Fri Aug 10 10:00:09 CEST 2018

Hi Oleg!

> Thanks for the notification. Can you elaborate on the reasons for this move? I
> thought one of the reasons for putting board documentation into the Wiki was
> to simplify the editing of these descriptions.
>
> Cheers,
> Oleg

Although wikies can be simpler to edit, we were facing a situation where
maintaining board documentation (specially for new boards) was getting
hard because it was outside the scope of the code. Boards documentation
next to the code (in doc.txt files inside the specific board directory)
can help developers keeping an up-to-date documentation without adding
the overhead of maintaining the source code and the wiki.

Another useful thing, now it's possible to get the board specific
configuration and CPU peripherals in the same page (as seen in [1],
bottom section)

The proposal started here [2] and continued with the first attempt here
[3].

Hope this clarifies your concerns.

Cheers,

José