[riot-users] Periodic router advertisements for 6lowpan ND

Martine Lenders mail at martine-lenders.eu
Mon Dec 17 11:11:33 CET 2018

Hi Joakim,

admittedly, this isn't possible at the moment, since the routine taking
care of the periodic RAs currently is only checking if the interface is a
6Lo interface. That is currently only dependent on the device type of the
underlying interface type. PR 10499 helps with that, as it adds distinction
between the interface being a 6Lo interface (device-type specific) and a
6Lo-ND interface (how it behaves in neighbor discovery). By deactivating
the 6Lo-ND there would be periodical RAs on that interface. But I think
that is not what you want, so probably a specific netif flag [3] for
configuring the periodic RAs and a change of that check are required for
that. Currently, there is only the option to configure if an interface is
sending RAs at all or not.

Best regards,
Martine

[1]