[riot-users] Change transmission power - AT86RF231

Cenk Gündoğan mail+riot at gundogan.net
Thu Feb 1 09:32:38 CET 2018

Hi Eliot,

from experience I can say that modifying the tx power isn't cutting it
most of the times. What I would recommend is to choose nodes that are
far apart – you can use the Grenoble site for that. If that doesn't work
out for you, you can also use the l2filter [1] module of RIOT. With
USEMODULE += l2filter_blacklist or
USEMODULE += l2filter_whitelist
you can establish the default policy. Then you can use the `ifconfig`
shell command to blacklist or whitelist specific node link-layer
addresses.

Now that I look at this feature, I see there's only a very minimalistic
documentation on how to use it and no examples/tests for the l2filter
(yet). But you can have a look at the usage within the `ifconfig` shell
command [2] if you plan to control the white-/blacklist
programmatically.

Cheers,
Cenk

[1] http://doc.riot-os.org/l2filter_8h.html