[riot-users] Issue with xtimer_usleep

Aurélien Fillau aurelien.fillau at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 21:59:25 CET 2018

Hi,

Thank you for your replies and i apologize for the delay in responding.
We are working on custom boards now that embeds a STM32L073CZT6 CPU. We
have started the project with a nucleo-l073rz board (STM32L073RZT6), and i
think it can be easily reproduced on this board.
xtimer_usleep() is called from thread context (not from an isr context).
I didn't try to change XTIMER_BACKOFF because i have stabilized it to faced
another issue (Indeed, xtimer_usleep() was sleeping my task forever if
XTIMER_BACKOFF
was too small).
This "blocking while" can occur at startup or after 24 hours or even after
a longer period of time, or even never on some boards, that's why it is not
easily reproducible.

Regards,

Aurélien