[riot-users] I cannot get an address from the BR

smlng s at mlng.net
Wed Jan 17 18:24:55 CET 2018

Hi again,

> On 17. Jan 2018, at 17:14, Iliyan ILF Stoyanov <ilf.stoyanov at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> thanks for the reply. I'm using openwrt as a BR distro with odhcpd handling the RA (and also dhcpv6). The setup works between a Pi-Pi (although my second Pi in the PAN uses dhcpv6 for getting an IP, so that is not a proof of a working solution so far.

you could try to use one of your boards as a sniffer, see [1]. So you can check if you see
Router Solicitations (RS) by RIOT nodes and hopefully Router Advertisements (RA) from your
RasPi. RIOT needs RAs to (auto) configure its IPv6 interfaces with addresses, there is no
DHCP client on RIOT (yet).

Thus, if odhcpd does not send RAs or if it does, these RAs may contain options RIOT does not
except (e.g., as Kaspar already said on-link flag must not be set), in all cases auto-conf
may fail in RIOT.

[1]: https://github.com/RIOT-OS/applications/tree/master/sniffer

Best,
  Sebastian