[riot-users] I cannot get an address from the BR

Iliyan ILF Stoyanov ilf.stoyanov at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 18:47:10 CET 2018

Hi,

will do that.

Just to make sure I'm understanding things correctly:
RIOT does solicit stateless IPv6 addresses by sending RS, and the BR
should reply with RA. This is part of SLAAC. I have the nagging feeling
that OpenWRT messes up SLAAC on all it's interfaces somehow.

Before switching to Raspbian, I'll do another round of OpenWRT with a
sniffer but will leave odhcpd handling just RAs and will disable dhcpv6
so I make sure I'm just using SLAAC/RA/NDP. After a node solicits an IP
will proceed to neighbor soliciting, right?

Please let me know if my understanding is correct about this.

Thanks

--ilf