[riot-users] Adding a board based on a supported CPU

Joakim NohlgÄrd joakim.nohlgard at eistec.se
Mon Mar 19 09:28:33 CET 2018

Hi Peter,
Not sure if there is a written guide for it, but the easiest way to add a
new board using an already supported cpu is in my opinion to duplicate an
existing board using that same CPU. The next step is to update the
configuration in periph_conf.h to match the pins that the new board is
using. You may need to alter the board.h configuration as well, but not
always.
That should give you a basic working config. If both the original board and
the new board uses openocd for debugging and flashing you may need to adapt
that configuration to be able to use make flash for flashing the board.
Hope this helps getting you going on your board port.

Best regards,
Joakim