[riot-users] How to flash at a specific address ?

Aurélien Fillau aurelien.fillau at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 18:36:56 CET 2018

Hello,

I'm currently working on a stm32l073 on a custom board. I'm writing an
application where i need to use my own linker file because i need to put
the application at a specific address. This application is starting at
0x08008000. Between 0x08000000 and 0x08008000, i have a bootloader in
charge of booting on my application. But when i'm doing a "make flash", the
flasher is writing some code before 0x08008000 ... that is corrupting my
bootloader. Indeed, when i dump the memory i can find the ELF magic string
and i don't know why the flasher is flashing some code before 0x08008000
whereas it is specified in the linker file : rom (rx)    : ORIGIN =
0x08008000 !!! Regarding the vector table, it is put at the right place. If
i want this to work i need to flash my bootloader after the application ...
If i'm missing something or if you have any idea on how to put an
application at a specific address without corrupting the other partitions,
feel free to share :)

Best regards,

Aurélien