[riot-users] How to flash at a specific address ?

Francisco Acosta francisco.acosta at inria.fr
Wed Mar 21 18:45:42 CET 2018

Hi Aurélien,

This is completely normal. Whenever you flash an ELF file the “not used” ROM will become 0.

What you might do is some magic to generate a “.o" file from your bootloader ELF and link it in a single ELF file together with your application.

Or, you can flash everything as BIN, with openocd you can place it wherever you want.

I have already tried something like that in some of my PRs regarding OTA and bootloader. You might look at them to have an example.

Cheers,

Francisco Javier Acosta Padilla
Research Engineer at INFINE team
Inria Saclay Ile-de-France