[riot-users] UDP Packet Register

Navneet Pandey navneet.pandey at outlook.in
Thu Nov 1 23:27:39 CET 2018

Hello,

What is the difference between the following ways of subscribing to receive a UDP Packet.

/* initialize and register pktdump to print received packets */
gnrc_netreg_entry_t server = GNRC_NETREG_ENTRY_INIT_PID(8888, sched_active_pid);
gnrc_netreg_register(GNRC_NETTYPE_UDP, &server);

vs

/* initialize and register pktdump to print received packets */
gnrc_netreg_entry_t server = GNRC_NETREG_ENTRY_INIT_PID(GNRC_NETREG_DEMUX_CTX_ALL,
                                sched_active_pid);
gnrc_netreg_register(GNRC_NETTYPE_UDP, &server);

I was curious because, the value of 'Round Trip Time' triples If I use the 2nd way (bottom one).

Thank you

Regards,
Navneet Pandey