[riot-users] Global Variable Usage

Navneet Pandey navneet.pandey at outlook.in
Sat Nov 3 07:14:52 CET 2018

Hello,

I am wondering how does RIOT handles the use of global variables across multiple files. I need access an array across multiple system files (RIOT/sys/net/gnrc/). If I include the custom header file, I get "multiple definition error". May I request for a solution to this kind of issue.

I tried looking up how RIOT was internally accessing such a variable. I was unable to find it. Please point out any such usage, if possible.

Additional details can be found at https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/issues/10186 (please look at the last comment by me(npcode15)). I am asking this question here as it might not be relevant for that issue.

Thank you.

Regards,
Navneet Pandey