[riot-users] Global Variable Usage

Navneet Pandey navneet.pandey at outlook.in
Mon Nov 5 17:14:22 CET 2018

Thank you.

Regards,
Navneet Pandey

From: Navneet Pandey
Sent: Saturday, November 3, 2018 1:15 AM
To: 'users at riot-os.org' <users at riot-os.org>
Subject: Global Variable Usage

Hello,

I am wondering how does RIOT handles the use of global variables across multiple files. I need access an array across multiple system files (RIOT/sys/net/gnrc/). If I include the custom header file, I get "multiple definition error". May I request for a solution to this kind of issue.

I tried looking up how RIOT was internally accessing such a variable. I was unable to find it. Please point out any such usage, if possible.

Additional details can be found at https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/issues/10186 (please look at the last comment by me(npcode15)). I am asking this question here as it might not be relevant for that issue.

Thank you.

Regards,
Navneet Pandey