[riot-users] Release 2018.10

Jose jose.alamos at haw-hamburg.de
Tue Nov 13 15:57:04 CET 2018

Dear RIOTers,

we are happy to announce the 17th official release of RIOT:

----------------------- * RIOT 2018.10 * -----------------------

The 2018.10 release includes new features, like CoAP Resource Directory and
Block2, ESP32 support, rework of I2C interface, EEPROM registry,
Full and Minimal Thread Devices support in OpenThread and compliance of
LoRaWAN 1.0.2 (ABP counters stored in EEPROM). Several boards were
introduced.

During the last release the board documentation was migrated from the
wiki to
the RIOT API documentation [1] to improve the
maintenance of these entries and provide a better user experience when
browsing the documentation. There were also some efforts in grouping some
modules to make them easier to access in the documentation.

There were also some efforts on refactoring, test improvements and bug
fixes.

About 392 pull requests with about 914 commits have been merged since
the last
release and about 20 issues have been solved. 57 people contributed with
code
in 100 days. Approximately 2184 files have been touched with 211964
insertions
and 34806 deletions.

You can download the RIOT release from Github by cloning the repository
and checkout the release tag [2] or by downloading the tarball [3], and
look up the release notes for further details [4].

Many thanks to all of you contributing in so many different ways to make
RIOT worthwhile!

Best Regards,
José - @jia200x

[1]: https://doc.riot-os.org