[riot-users] Cortex Kinetis KW2xD Low Power Modes

Joakim Nohlgård joakim.nohlgard at eistec.se
Tue Nov 13 18:52:22 CET 2018

Hi again Oliver,

Den tis 13 nov. 2018 16:48 skrev Olivier Fauchon <ofauchon2204 at gmail.com>:

> Hi Joakim,
>
> I have been busy designing my own board (based on phywave module)
> https://github.com/ofauchon/oflmotes/blob/master/mote-devboard/kw2xd/circuit/v1/devboard_kw2xd_v1.0_board.png

Cool!

#7897 is still pending. If you would like to help you could run some
tests on your board with that PR and report your results. There is
still one issue reported in the PR discussion thread which I have not
looked into yet related to the phytec board and UART in low power
modes.

> Can you confirm me Kinetis Low Power Modes are fully supported in Riot/master ?

Not yet, #7897 is still awaiting review and testing

> Should I switch my board from PIT to LPTMR to enable these low power modes ?

Unless you have a reason for requiring better than 30.5 µs precision
on xtimer, I don't see any reason for not using LPTMR as XTIMER_DEV.

Recently added is one more PR which improves the LPTMR, in particular
it will fix a timer rollover when timer_set is called with timeout=0.
See https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/pull/10020

Best regards,
Joakim