[riot-users] UDP Sock API

Carron Joël joel.carron at heig-vd.ch
Thu Nov 29 09:05:20 CET 2018

Hi Kaspar,

Thanks for your answer.

Yes I can ping RIOT OS from Linux with addresses ff02::2 and the complete IPv6 address. From RIOT OS, I can ping Linux with the complete IPv6 address but not with ff02::2 (my kernel doesn't handle coordinator mode in wpan-tools I think).

"uname -a" gives :

"Linux 4.1.15_2.0.x-udoo+g7773e460a540 #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Nov 12 16:59:36 CET 2018 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux"

I've patched the MRF24J40 Linux driver to add some debug messages and activated the debug messages in RIOT OS (GNRC part). When I send a packet from Linux, I can see that the GNRC is receiving a message but the UDP packet never reaches the application.

In the direction RIOT OS to Linux, I can send UDP packets and I can handle them with this Python script : https://pastebin.com/uBRXc3dh

Here the frames from RIOT OS and from Linux : https://pastebin.com/K7ei02R3