[riot-users] MQTT-SN over xE910 modem?

Trevor jordan.trevor at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 14:13:50 CEST 2019

I have a custom board, based loosely on a STK3700 (EFM32GG), that has a
Telit HE910 modem on board. I need to buffer up remote data from a
serial port connected sensor and periodically send that to a FTP server.

What I'd /like/ to do, instead of just simply using AT FTP commands to
send the data to a server, is to use this project as an excuse to gain
some experience with IOT protocols and processes. Would it be possible
to use RIOT for this with MQTT-SN? So, publish the serial data (via a
Mosquitto broker) to a subscriber on a local server using the HE910
modem as the transport mechanism. The subscriber could then do something
more intelligent than simply store the data to a FTP server. If possible
to use riot, what would I need to do to make this work?