[riot-users] Problem with udp sock api

oliver oliver.koepp at yahoo.de
Thu Jul 18 15:25:02 CEST 2019

Hello together,

I'm trying to understand, how the UDP sock API [1] works, but the
documentation /example are very bad / useless.

My questions are:

1:
How can I create an UDP server which listen on a specific port and has
an unique IPv6 addr ?? The example [1] isn't very helpful. I don't
understand why some variables like "local" [2] are defined. The
documentation does not help. The documentation says "Common IP-based
transport layer end point." for the struct sock_udp_ep_t. But why do I
need this?? I want to receive and send udp packages to other boards. Why
is this so difficult to implement ??

2:
How can I send an udp package with the following parameters given:
- message
- portnumber
- dst ipv6 addr

The documentation / example does not help here either.

3:
How can I get the unique Ipv6 addr from my device (samr21-xpro). I want
to call "getIPv6()" and want the Ipv6 addr which this device has.

[1] https://doc.riot-os.org/group__net__sock__udp.html
[2] sock_udp_ep_t local = SOCK_IPV6_EP_ANY;

--
Best Regards

Oliver Koepp