[riot-users] Problem with udp sock api

Philipp Blum philipp-blum at jakiku.de
Thu Jul 18 22:46:51 CEST 2019

Wow, I wouldn't say bad.
There is a complete POSIX sockets example in the source code:
https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/tree/master/examples/posix_sockets
RIOT OS support the POSIX socket API. There are tons of examples in the
Internet for POSIX sockets.
But if you want to have a more complete code an guide.
1. Server on the sensor. UDP + Protobuf:
https://github.com/Citrullin/RIOT/tree/ble_sensor_node/examples/env_sensor_network
2. Complete guide for this sensor server and the host application. (BLE,
nrf52):
https://github.com/Citrullin/documentation/blob/env_sensor_network/blueprints/0.1/environment-sensor/run-a-environment-sensor-and-client.md

Am 2019-07-18 15:25, schrieb oliver:

> Hello together,
>
> I'm trying to understand, how the UDP sock API [1 [1]] works, but the
> documentation /example are very bad / useless.
>
> My questions are:
>
> 1:
> How can I create an UDP server which listen on a specific port and has
> an unique IPv6 addr ?? The example [1 [1]] isn't very helpful. I don't
> understand why some variables like "local" [2] are defined. The
> documentation does not help. The documentation says "Common IP-based
> transport layer end point." for the struct sock_udp_ep_t. But why do I
> need this?? I want to receive and send udp packages to other boards. Why
> is this so difficult to implement ??
>
> 2:
> How can I send an udp package with the following parameters given:
> - message
> - portnumber
> - dst ipv6 addr
>
> The documentation / example does not help here either.
>
> 3:
> How can I get the unique Ipv6 addr from my device (samr21-xpro). I want
> to call "getIPv6()" and want the Ipv6 addr which this device has.
>
> [1] https://doc.riot-os.org/group__net__sock__udp.html
> [2] sock_udp_ep_t local = SOCK_IPV6_EP_ANY;

Links:
------
[1] https://doc.riot-os.org/group__net__sock__udp.html