[riot-users] help with USB

Dylan Laduranty dylanladuranty at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 21:32:14 CEST 2019

Hi Trevor,
Unfortunately, RIOT doesn't support yet the lowlevel USB driver for STM32
nor HID yet.
The first task to do should be to write lowlevel driver for USB for your
MCU. You could refer to nrf52 or SAM0 driver to have a rough idea but the
STM32 USB IP is quite different. Koen (@bergzand) wanted to start working
on it but I don't know if he had time to do something.

As of today, RIOT started to support CDC/ECM and CDC/ACM is ongoing. So
there is no HID support yet.

If there is any person interested by adding more USB features to RIOT, the
mailing list is the perfect place to synchronize this effort !
Cheers,

Le ven. 21 juin 2019 à 16:31, Trevor Clarke <trevor at notcows.com> a écrit :

> I'm building a USB HID device with a black pill (stm32f103) and I'm trying
> to decide if RIOT is a feasible alternative to STM32Cube and the ST HAL.
> I've got a couple of questions/issues.
>
> I started with the tests/leds and was able to build and flash to the board
> so I know my setup is working. I tried to build the usbus_minimal example
> with "make BOARD=blackpill" and get undefined errors for
> "usbdev_init_lowlevel" and "usbdev_get_ctx".
>
> Second question is about HID support. Specifically I'm trying to create a
> game controller HID device. I'm not sure where to start looking for
> documentation or examples. Is there a HID specific API?

Dylan Laduranty