[riot-users] Bluetooth communication: RIOT & NimBLE

Philipp Blum philipp-blum at jakiku.de
Wed Mar 6 03:44:27 CET 2019

Hey,

I want to get more into Bluetooth LE. So, I have seen the GATT server
example, which works fine. But I want to start to communicate with my
device. So I could use a simple service such as the alert notification
service, but I need something more customizable. The IPSP service would
be nice, but since NimBLE does not support it yet, we can skip that. So,
I could use the UART transport layer, but this is not included in RIOT.
So the last option is the RAM transport layer. I think it makes sense to
go with it. My problem here: How does it work, are they any simple
examples?
I looked already into the code, there is no ACL for it. How did you add
ACL to your device?

best regards

Philipp