[riot-users] Regarding Internet connectivity

Robin robin at chilio.net
Wed Mar 6 18:15:09 CET 2019

Hi,

You have a more or less complete TCP/UDP Stack using ipv6. The implementation is called GNRC and works pretty well. It depends on your system and if there is a driver for L2 networking. There are also posix socket wrappers but in my experience it is better to use the gnrc socket implementation right away. Maybe have a look into the gnrc sock examples and the basic networking examples. With gnrc you are bound to IPv6 but IIRC there is also an ipv4 implementation using the lwip package.

For more info a more precise question would be helpful. What are you planing to do and on which environment.

Regards,
Robin