[riot-users] New user looking for MSP430 ports

Gero Müller gero.mueller at inria.fr
Thu Mar 21 19:09:47 CET 2019

Hello James!

all the RIOT examples not using any specific peripherals should work. Be
aware that the CPU has only 2KB of SRAM, so you might need to tweak the
stack sizes to make it fit. the ps module is helpful here.

For our purposes we use CFLAGS="-DTHREAD_STACKSIZE_IDLE=128
-DISR_STACKSIZE=128".

so the command would be:

$ cd examples/hello-world
$ CFLAGS="-DTHREAD_STACKSIZE_IDLE=128 -DISR_STACKSIZE=128" make all
flash BOARD=msp-exp430fr59xx

just to make sure: you need the msp430-elf-gcc, the old gcc (version 4.x
does not work)

Gero