[riot-users] Is there a http server example ?

Philipp Blum philipp-blum at jakiku.de
Sat Mar 23 11:44:31 CET 2019

ahh, sorry. You already looked into COAP. If you really want to use
HTTP, you have to write your own lib or find another lib. CoAP has a lot
of different implementation [2]. e.g. Java & C. Even for iOS & Android.
So, it shouldn't be a big issue to use it :) Maybe the mapper is a good
approach for your project. :)

Am 2019-03-23 11:38, schrieb Philipp Blum:

> You should consider using COAP instead. :)
> You can find an example for nanocoap here: https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/tree/master/examples/nanocoap_server
>
> If you really want to use HTTP, you can use the COAP HTTP mapping in Squid [1]. (Haven't tried it. Maybe somebody else can help there.
>
> best regards
>
> Philipp
>
> Am 2019-03-23 11:03, schrieb Burak Karaduman:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I work the device with ESP8266 using RIOT OS. Since ESP8266 Nodemcu V1.0 has built-in IEEE 802.11, i plan to control gpio using POST requiest to http server runs in ESP8266. Usage should be like [ip address of esp8266]/turnOn/gpio1 etc. I successfully flash and run gnrc_networking in ESP8266 and connected to my home network. Controlling gpio is not a problem, however where and which example should i look to implement http server? I looked nanocoap but it is not http.
>>
>> If I success this work, it is going to be included in my master thesis and in academic paper. (Of course referring RIOT.)
>>
>> Thanks for your help.

Links:
------
[1] http://telecom.dei.unipd.it/pages/read/90/