[riot-users] Need some feedback from IoT-industry experts

Oleg Hahm oleg at riot-os.org
Mon Mar 25 21:30:42 CET 2019

Hey Philipp,

On Sat, Mar 23, 2019 at 08:02:06AM +0100, Philipp Blum wrote:
> I work for the IOTA foundation and we also create open source software.
> We have a lot of internal discussions about some decisions which are
> made. From my point of view some people have wrong assumptions about the
> IoT-industry. There are also a lot of misconceptions about what IoT
> actually means. (Some people think RPis are this "IoT")
> I just want to know if some people are willing to talk to me about this.
> Just a couple of questions about the assumptions and what you think
> about it. I am working now for 2 years on embedded stuff, so I think I
> have a good understanding about this topic, but maybe I am completely
> wrong. So, let's find out :)

I think this could result in an interesting discussion, we could either have
here on the mailing list or set up some conference call. If you could send me
your questions beforehand (unicast if you like), I could also try to gather
some concrete feedback from my colleagues working on IoT projects at Z├╝hlke -
which certainly have a different view on IoT than me and most of the RIOT
developers have.

Cheers
Chuck Norris doesn't do TCP handshake - he does TCP roundhouse-kick to initiate
the connection.