[riot-users] Need some feedback from IoT-industry experts

Emmanuel Baccelli Emmanuel.Baccelli at inria.fr
Tue Mar 26 21:22:00 CET 2019

+1 for having (any public-compatible parts of) this conversation on the
list.

Part of the answer concerning "RasPi-based IoT" misconceptions:

It is not a problem* per se* to consider RasPi type of hardware as IoT.
Microprocessors + wifi + Linux do have use cases ;)

Nevertheless, if much lower energy consumption (mW or less) is targeted,
and potentially, also a lower price tag,
a definitely better solution is small micro-controllers + low-power radios.
(hence what we are doing here).

Cheers,

Emmanuel