[riot-users] Mesh tree with RPL & IPv6 over Bluetooth Low Energy

Philipp Blum philipp-blum at jakiku.de
Thu Mar 28 17:32:05 CET 2019

Hey,

I am looking for resources which explain how IPv6 on BLE with RPL works.

The standard setup describes only the start topology. One 6LBR is
connected to many BLE nodes with enabled IPSP. This setup is well
described in the README in the nordic_softdevice_ble package.

Does RPL work already in the start toplogy out of the box or do I need
to define something else? e.g. Node discovery protocol at the 6LBR.

I am also not sure how I can configure a 6LR with IPv6 over BLE. I would
like to create a BLE mesh tree with RPL. Is that even possible?
I found this RFC [1], but I haven't read this yet. It would be nice to
have a more abstract, simple explanation how I configure such a network.

best regards

Philipp

Links:
------