[riot-users] Need some feedback from IoT-industry experts

Philipp Blum philipp-blum at jakiku.de
Sat Mar 30 06:22:46 CET 2019

I thought about some questions which cover some topics. Don't see it as
fixed survey. ^^ But feel free to send me an email with the answers. :p
Improvements are welcome :) If you want to talk about these topics, I am
happy to do so. Just send me an email :)

What do you consider as real-time? (In milliseconds response time)

Would you use a cryptocurrency when you Microcontroller needs 8 seconds
for one transaction?

(Verifiable claims, value transaction, verification of data)

Are you fine with using a non-standard crypto function in order to use
this ?

Would you use a chip for a non-standard crypto function in order to use
this cryptocurrency?

How much would you pay for this crypto chip? (in USD, per chip)

Would you use this chip when the only manufacturer is a small startup?

Do you think ternary is the next step to improve efficiency in the IoT?
(yes/no)

If you said no: why? (optional)

Do you think IoT already exists? (yes/no)

Do you think IoT standards are already defined or in progress of getting
defined? (yes/no)

More details (Optional):

Do you think these standards can also be used on legacy hardware?
(yes/no)

What means legacy hardware for you?

Do you think current IoT hardware will be completely replaced within the
next 5 years? (yes/no)

In what time-frame does the hardware for new standards needs to be
available in order to get adopted by the IoT industry? (within the next
x years)

What is IoT for you?

- (IPv4/IPv6) standards on Microcontroller

- Connecting Microcontrollers in some way to the Internet. (e.g. by
using a Gateway. The communication standard is not important)

best regards

Philipp