[riot-users] DEVELHELP flag in Makefiles

Carron Joël joel.carron at heig-vd.ch
Wed May 15 08:36:05 CEST 2019

In the docs, we find :

"Additional code parts such as (extensive) debug output and sanity checks using assertions. To activate it set environment variable DEVELHELP=1, or disable explicitly with DEVELHELP=0."
https://riot-os.org/api/group__utils.html<https://riot-os.org/api/group__utils.htm>

But, everywhere in RIOT source code, the DEVELHELP is checked with "#ifdef DEVELHELP" or "#if defined(DEVELHELP)". So, correct me if I'm wrong, but it shouldn't change anything if the DEVELHELP is set to 0, 1 or anything else ? In this case, the doc is wrong ? We really need to comment it out as suggested in the Makefiles of examples to remove it. But then it causes my app to not restart after simulated power outage.