[riot-users] Question about example/gcoap libcoap

dicek bear dicek334 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 10:01:44 CEST 2019

Hello, RIOT users,

I have two questions about  example/gcoap.

In the README.md, ## Example Use explains that "This example uses gcoap as
a server on RIOT native. Then we send a request
from a libcoap example client on the Linux host." So I downloaded the
libcoap-develop.zip, unpacked it then tried to make it.

I refered to the URL "https://github.com/obgm/libcoap" to download
libcoap-develop.zip that is written
in the /pkg/libcoap/Makefile.

To make libcoap, I operate the steps as following,

 $ ./autogen.sh
 $ ./configure
 $ make

The last operation "make" output a error message "** No targets specified
and no makefile found. Stop."

Question 1: Are the URL "https://github.com/obgm/libcoap" and the
                    downloaded file "libcoap-develop.zip" correct to test
libcoap
                    example client on the Linux host ?.
Question 2: If the downloaded file is correct, why does "make" operation
fail ?.