[riot-users] Question about example/gcoap libcoap

dicek bear dicek334 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 03:22:39 CEST 2019

Hello, Mr.Richardson,

> you would have to show up the message you got at this point.
> there is likely an error or mising dependancy.

Yes. You are right. The following are output messages.

 $./autogen.sh

[HINT] You can run 'autogen.sh --clean' to remove all generated files by
the autotools.
Found 'autoconf'.
Found 'aclocal'.
Found 'pkg-config'.
Couldn't find 'libtool'!
Found 'libtoolize'.
  --->  Found all needed tools! That's fine.
Generating needed autotools files for libcoap by running autoreconf ...
autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
autoreconf: running: aclocal --force ${ACLOCAL_FLAGS} -I m4
autoreconf: configure.ac: tracing
autoreconf: configure.ac: adding subdirectory ext/tinydtls to autoreconf
autoreconf: Entering directory `ext/tinydtls'
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Autoconf
autoreconf: Leaving directory `ext/tinydtls'
autoreconf: running: libtoolize --copy --force
libtoolize: putting auxiliary files in '.'.
libtoolize: copying file './ltmain.sh'
libtoolize: putting macros in AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIRS, 'm4'.
libtoolize: copying file 'm4/libtool.m4'
libtoolize: copying file 'm4/ltoptions.m4'
libtoolize: copying file 'm4/ltsugar.m4'
libtoolize: copying file 'm4/ltversion.m4'
libtoolize: copying file 'm4/lt~obsolete.m4'
autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoconf --force
autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoheader --force
autoreconf: running: automake --add-missing --copy --force-missing
configure.ac:38: installing './ar-lib'
configure.ac:33: installing './compile'
configure.ac:43: installing './config.guess'
configure.ac:43: installing './config.sub'
configure.ac:23: installing './install-sh'
configure.ac:23: installing './missing'
Makefile.am: installing './INSTALL'
Makefile.am: installing './depcomp'
autoreconf: Leaving directory `.'
You can now run 'configure --help' to see possible configuration options.
Otherwise process the configure script to create the makefiles and
generated helper files.

 $./configure

checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make supports nested variables... yes
checking pkg-config is at least version 0.20... yes
checking whether make supports nested variables... (cached) yes
checking whether to enable assertions... yes
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking whether gcc understands -c and -o together... yes
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /bin/sed
checking for ar... ar
checking the archiver (ar) interface... ar
checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... no
checking build system type... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
checking host system type... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
checking how to print strings... printf
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... (cached) /bin/sed
checking for fgrep... /bin/grep -F
checking for ld used by gcc... /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for BSD- or MS-compatible name lister (nm)... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking the name lister (/usr/bin/nm -B) interface... BSD nm
checking whether ln -s works... no, using cp -pR
checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 1572864
checking how to convert x86_64-pc-linux-gnu file names to
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu format... func_convert_file_noop
checking how to convert x86_64-pc-linux-gnu file names to toolchain
format... func_convert_file_noop
checking for /usr/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking for objdump... objdump
checking how to recognize dependent libraries... pass_all
checking for dlltool... no
checking how to associate runtime and link libraries... printf %s\n
checking for archiver @FILE support... @
checking for strip... strip
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output from gcc object... ok
checking for sysroot... no
checking for a working dd... /bin/dd
checking how to truncate binary pipes... /bin/dd bs=4096 count=1
checking for mt... mt
checking if mt is a manifest tool... no
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking for objdir... .libs
checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... no
checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC -DPIC
checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC -DPIC works... yes
checking if gcc static flag -static works... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... (cached) yes
checking whether the gcc linker (/usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) supports shared
libraries... yes
checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... no
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking whether C compiler accepts -Wlogical-op... yes
checking whether C compiler accepts -fdiagnostics-color... yes
checking whether C compiler accepts -Wunused-result... yes
checking whether the linker accepts -Wl,--version-script=./libcoap-2.map...
yes
checking for doxygen... /usr/bin/doxygen
checking for compatible doxygen version (>= 1.7.0)... yes 1.8.11
checking for dot... no
configure: WARNING: ==> dot not found - continuing without DOT support
configure: WARNING: ==> The libcoap html documentation will be build
without DOT graphics!
checking for a2x... no
configure: WARNING: ==> You want to build the manpages, but a2x was not
found!
configure: error: ==> Install the package that contains a2x (mostly
asciidoc) or disable the build of the manpages using '--disable-manpages'.

 $ make

make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

"./configure" outputs the error message "configure: error: ==> Install the
package that contains a2x (mostly asciidoc) or disable the build of the
manpages using '--disable-manpages'.
". So I try to execute the "./configure --disable-manpages". It does not
output any error messages.

Regards,
DiceK Bear.