[riot-users] gcoap, aiocoap, aiocoap-proxy

Raimund Oude Hengel raimundoudehengel at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 13 10:38:58 CEST 2019

Hi all,

i have a network setup with a RIOT-node configured as a coap-server and a
Linux host as the client. The client uses a python3 script adapted from the
aiocoap-package examples. This setup works properly.

As I would like to access  the coap server from an http client, I tried to
use the aiocoap proxy server. This failed so far, e.g.
.

~$ aiocoap-proxy --forward --reverse --server-address [fc00::2:xyz]
--server-port 5684

leads to an error  message ".. socket.gaierror: [Errno -2] Name or service
not known"
I tried several variations of the aiocope-proxy command without success.

Does anybody know how to use the aiocoap-proxy command? Could you give me a
working example? Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Raimund