[riot-users] List of sensor IoT standards

Philipp Blum philipp-blum at jakiku.de
Fri Oct 25 14:00:19 CEST 2019

I have some devices which collect some data. A connected scale for
example. I am not really happy that all of these data are collect in
some "Cloud" application of some random provider. I even don't know if
this provider still exists in 10 years. So, my idea: Why can't I use a
local server (Rpi or something) and collect all my data there? All
devices are connected to this one Gateway. 6LoWPAN and RPL is perfect
for it. Just add BLE and you can connect all devices. So, I just wanted
to know if there are some kinds of standards to make this as flexible as
possible. Specification how the data should look like and what transport
layer should be used? QUIC?  etc.