[riot-users] Large scale binary testing and debugging with IoT-Lab?

Alexandre Abadie alexandre.abadie at inria.fr
Fri Sep 13 10:45:28 CEST 2019

Hi Michael,

Below are some answers regarding the IoT-LAB testbed (I don't know the others):

Anyone with a professional or academic email. Feel free to register on the website: https://www.iot-lab.info/testbed/signup

>  2) how is it funded?

Public funding

>  3) what processors are there, what kind of stimulations are available?

Have a look at the hardware page [1] and tutorials [2].

>  4) can they be used remotely?

Yes

>  5) what embedded OSes are supported, recommended, tolerated?

See [3]

RIOT has the best support I would say ;)

> My interest is in testing RPL extensions, as well as doing real-life BRSKI
> testing with 6tisch.  Brian's efforts seem to be directed at things like
> SPI/I2C, while F-interop is more about radios.

The IoT-LAB testbed also offers other interesting features:
- Globab IPv6 support
- 802.15.4 radio sniffing with data in pcap format, so directly usable in Wireshark
- Power consumption
- Remote debugging with GDB

So at first sight, it seems that IoT-LAB would perfectly fit your interests.

Regards,

Alex

[1] https://www.iot-lab.info/hardware/
[2] https://www.iot-lab.info/tutorials/